When I eat out I want it to be special, consequently I don?t eat out often. You may have seen the advice on how to shave calories at restaurants but really, are you wanting to pay high restaurant prices for undressed salads and plain steamed vegetables? Or even, how then is it possible to solve the dilemma of way too many calories once you eat out?
Here are seven tips for getting the calories out of restaurant meals while still ordering your favorites.
1. Say NO to super sizing. The size you ordered is already too large. Stop super sizing and you also?ll save money. Better still, order one dinner and have for an extra plate. Many restaurants can do this for a dollar or two, and it?s well worth it. Then share the meal with your friend and you split the price straight down the center. Another option is to order from the so called ?appetizer? menu. Two people could order three entrees, one dessert and split the whole thing and it?s still a huge amount of food!
2. Skip the bread and rolls. Many family restaurants still serve a bread basket with your meal. Unless it?s a fresh baked loaf or some really special bread, just skip it. You don?t need to fill on ordinary bread when you?re paying good money for a meal. Just ask for it to be studied away when you can?t resist, but in all honesty, you?re an adult, you can resist, if you need to. You can simply choose never to put a roll on your own plate. Try it, only once and see in the event that you don?t walk out of that restaurant feeling strangely powerful.
If you can?t skip the rolls, at least miss the butter. That?s right. Eat it plain. Wholegrain bread is delicious simply by itself.
3. Stop Ordering Drinks. Soft drinks certainly are a huge cash cow for restaurants. For pennies they sell you a squirt of syrup and carbonated water and become they?re doing you a big favor by only charging you $1.29 for a giant 64 ounce soda. Start saving those dollars. Especially if purima ?re ordering ?to go? miss the drink. If you?re consuming it there, ask for water, or at least switch to diet drinks. Never drink ?fat pop.?
4. Slow Down You Eat Too Fast! What?s the rush? Invest some time, savor the moment, benefit from the flavors. A big part of getting in touch with your hunger signals and learning to eat what really will satisfy is understanding how to recognize the subtle signs of hunger. You won?t know when you?re approaching satisfaction in the event that you?ve gobbled everything down in 5 minutes. Take a bite then notice just how many times do you chew before you begin attempting to swallow? Once, twice? Make an effort to chew your food as well as your body will be notably happier. A very large section of digestion begins in the mouth area, not to mention you?ll get much more pleasure if you allow food linger.
5. Trim Visible Fat and Skin. I understand, you really love your skin?needless to say you do, it tastes good, it should, it?s pure fat. Do you want to get leaner, or would you like to eat fat? You choose. I never eat chicken skin rather than eat the visible fat hanging off a steak, good taste or no. You have to decide what you want more, the next?s worth of pleasure of a yummy taste, or perhaps a lifetime of carrying around an extra 40 lbs? I know this is counter to the low carb crowd?s belief that fat is good, carbs are evil, but I?ve maintained an 80 pound weight reduction for 18 years without dieting and I don?t eat visible fat or skin. Enough said.
6. Ask for a Doggie Bag at the start of Meal. Once the food is served, immediately portion off some to collect for tomorrow. Most restaurants in the US serve way too much. There is absolutely no law you should eat it all. Do this frequently and soon you?ll find you?re getting an extra lunch out of this meal.
7. Get a copy of Restaurant Confidential by Michael F. Jacobson and Jayne Hurley, and start checking out how many calories you?re really eating. If you eat out frequently and you carry additional weight, then that?s probably the problem right there. This little book may help you realize why it seems you don?t eat that much yet it is possible to?t lose any weight. Hardees recently introduced a fresh burger that clocks in at only under 1200 calories simply by itself! Now that?s frightening.
If you really want to get a handle on your weight problem, look first to where you eat, second at what you eat, and third just how much you take in. Where, What and JUST HOW MUCH? Try these steps choosing one tip at a time, and see how easily you can take a number of the calories out of restaurant food.